Good, bad and unexpected of Military life.
Queen Elizabeth said, If you love an Army Officer, raise your glass.. And if an Army officer loves you.. Raise your head and walk like a Queen! A civilian dating an army officer is whole new world. You are absolutely dating an officer, if you relate to these!
1. DLTGH actually means a lot to you too, and you have your own variations like DLTMH, DLTSH etc!
2.You start eating like the NDA style, even when he is not around!
3.Your reaction to the girls who cry that they didn’t see their boyfriend for a day!
4. Every time you read about the attacks and martyrs, you loose a heart beat.
5.The songs from LOC, border etc. crunch your soul. And lets not even discuss about watching such movies? 😦
6.You know the terms like “josh type, civilian, ragda, cream rolls etc.
7 . You get used to hearing “Mam” from every second army person you meet and not to forget attention from many Men in Uniform!(Which is exclusively out of respect for you being the Lady of their friend. Army Men, are just too good when it comes to maintaining Relations).
8.When your friends tell about the dance they had, you automatically move back to the NDA/IMA/OTA balls.
9.You have learned how to act like a LADY .
10. You start counting the days when he will be home and cancel everything just to be with him.
11.That hug before he leaves make u feel devastated, but its totally opposite on his arrival.
12.Skype and phone calls suddenly become the only savior.
13.In years of relationship, you have hardly met him 20 times(or even less)?
14.You don’t mind becoming Old School, (sending letters,cards etc)
15. When he is away, you start connecting with other army girlfriends, and become support for each other in the absence of your soldiers, discussing everything from happiness of DLTSH to how much you miss him.
16.That one Unexpected call makes your day!
17. You may celebrate birthdays,anniversaries in a sober manner but u always plan something special for celebrating “leave”. yaaaaaay LEAVE
18. You don’t go to the filmy gossip page of the newspaper the first thing in morning as is done by everyone, rather your eyes always catch the attention of any news of ceasefire violation across the borders.
19. You keep the hard copies of movies worth watching and see all of them together .
20. You don’t have to worry about shopping stuff for him, because for almost everything he has a dress code and otherwise also, men in uniform are to die for.
21. You learn to be strong and manage everything on your own in his absence, but when with him you act like some crazy child 😀
22.You actually use ” THIS TOO SHALL PASS “as your life mantra!
23. Your heart fills with pride, whenever you see him in Uniform.
24. Seriously, stars on his shoulder are better than the million in the sky.
25. May be you have to wait to see him, maybe this is not what you expected but he is totally worth the wait. Right?
This list is endless, but always remember that He is proud of you and so is everyone else. You protect the one who protects everyone else. Being in love with a soldier is not easy and it was never meant to be too. But its one feeling and one relation which is unique and you will always be proud of! Remember to be his support always. More than you need him, he needs you. ALWAYS!
This post first appeared on richanagphotography.